How to make a Rhinestone Decal
Preparation: Turn Heat Press on, set to 335° degrees.
Machine cut settings and hole size for Rock It Rhinestone Template Flock can be found here.
- Cut Rhinestone designs into Rhinestone Flock Template Material with cutter, such as a Silhouette Cameo, Cricuit or Graphtec.
- Weed design, keep backing to store template later.
- Place weeded design on flat surface, pour rhinestones over design. * Tip – Use more rhinestones than is required for design
- Brush stones into holes using circular motion until all holes are filled.
- Place Hot Fix Tape over rhinestones to pick up stones and create a rhinestone transfer.
- Place rhinestone transfer on top of rhinestone decal material. *Tip – Trim hot fix tape to be smaller than decal material to prevent decal material from peeling from backing.
- Cover rhinestone decal material with rhinestones into parchment paper to protect design.
- Press at decal 335° degrees for 15 seconds with firm pressure. Flip and press back for 5 additional seconds.
- This is a Cold Peel process, meaning to peel the hotfix tape from the rhinestones after it cools. This allows the glue on the backing of the stones to become firm and adhere to surface applied to. Removing the tape before cool could pull the stones off with the tape. Use caution as material will be extremely hot.
- Trim excess decal material around rhinestones, apply to smooth flat surface.
*Increase your bling factor by adding a layer of Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV) between the decal material and rhinestones
- *Heat Press Tips – The temperature on your display does not necessarily match the actual press plates temperature. This can cause uneven heat distribution. It is recommended to periodically check the platens temperature with a laser thermometer.